This complex program included several infrastructure initiatives, such as application readiness, server reconfigurations and supply chain upgrades, in addition to the nationwide upgrade of each workstation. The program required the oversight of multiple work streams and constant communication across the agency to stakeholders at all levels. Wheelhouse Group was tapped for our expertise in program management, executive and employee communications, and project governance.
The Wheelhouse Group team developed and executed the strategic communication plan to reach all impacted stakeholders including:
- Agency executives
- Business unit leaders
- End users
- Migration technicians
- Client-facing project team members
In addition to communications, our team provided program management support. We helped to establish a process for governance and reporting that promoted transparency and collaboration.
Key Outcome/Key Data
Our work in the areas of program governance, communications and team effectiveness supported the following results:
- Delivery of a number of successful infrastructure improvement projects
- Clear expectations and upgrade instructions for end users
- Accelerated pace of migrations
- Stronger partnership between IT and the business units
- Executive support for the program
- A significant rise in demand for the upgrade