No matter their size or mission, organizations are more effective and efficient when their strategies and goals – and the processes they rely on to achieve them – are well calibrated and well communicated. Business Optimization, therefore, is both a Wheelhouse Group offering and an outcome. It’s a suite of services blended together, tailored for an organization’s unique needs and designed to deliver results. It’s the way we help executives and their organizations define success, build the roadmap to get there and meet the milestones along the way.
Too often, Business Optimization is viewed as a rote process of metrics reporting and executive sign-off. Our methodology is effective because it encourages teams to surface issues and risks in a supported environment, engages people in collaborative discussion to resolve issues and ensures accountability through the tracking of actions and a structured, consistent meeting cadence.
- Well-run organizations have a visionary strategy, shared goals and a set of clear priorities.
- They put in place effective governance and performance measurement tools that drive collaboration and accountability – practices that become embedded in every aspect of their operations.
- They choose partners that expertly navigate strategic and tactical activities, partners that develop a strategy and then roll up their sleeves to make it happen. (This is work we love to do.)
We work creatively to align people, actions, and results, driving both buy-in and adoption and building on decades of experience in successful business optimization initiatives.
Where we’re making an impact…
Improving service delivery with performance management
The Filing Season Integration Services (FSIS) Office within the IRS IT organization depends on Wheelhouse Group to ensure it can effectively deliver the nation’s tax filing season and deliver on the mandates for each year’s tax regulations. Our team developed crucial, performance-oriented resources, such as the first ever Integrated Master Schedule for the filing season, the office’s Standard Operating Procedures, the Filing Season Readiness Lifecycle, and the Filing Season Playbook.
Strategic roadmap for success
Wheelhouse Group helped the U.S. Mint’s IT Directorate (ITD) delivering a strategic roadmap outlining the goals, activities and behaviors necessary for successful delivery of IT services. We conducted a detailed analysis of the ITD project portfolio, prioritizing over 90 projects and operations initiatives, mapping them against the U.S. Mint’s strategies and ITD’s priorities. Our team developed and implemented a project management framework to help teams effectively plan and execute on their projects.
What we offer
- Strategic planning and roadmap development
- IT/business performance management
- Portfolio management
- Program leadership and governance
- Executive reporting