An $11b leading provider of electronic commerce and payment solutions for businesses worldwide required a new brand and message platform following the spin-off of one of its largest business units.
The CEO and the Executive Management Team engaged our firm to define the new brand, create a campaign to engage its workforce, unify the corporation’s mission and vision and develop a comprehensive communications program for external stakeholders.
Working with the Executive Management Team and the internal Corporate Communications group, we developed a new message platform and single, global “story” to articulate the company’s mission, vision and values. Next, we developed a comprehensive program to roll-out the new messaging which included:
- An integrated employee engagement program and campaign targeted to the company’s 39,000 employees in 40 countries
- The campaign included executive and management briefings, a case-bound book, pocket guide, and CD with videos, presentations and downloadable posters
- The materials were produced in six languages and launched worldwide on the same day
- A “Storytelling” approach reinforced the new brand, and encouraged employees to add to the story by sharing their successes and defining their “role” in the future company
- A messaging framework for all internal and external communications globally
Key Outcome/Key Data
This effort resulted in the following successful outcomes:
- Successful launch of the campaign on the day of the spin-off and IPO, orchestrating delivery across multiple time zones to employees worldwide
- New, updated messaging leveraged with financial analysts, media and clients to promote consistent and unified marketing positioning for the company post-spin
- Corporate-wide employee workshops held with local management to adapt the “Story” to the unique business requirements and culture of the location.